Friday 30 November 2012

Fucking yes!

 
 
With great pride I can tell you that after a marathon 5 hour writing session, a litre of energy drink and twelve squares of chocolate, last night I managed to get the final 6K words written for NanoWrimo.
I've no idea how many days I spent writing. It may have been twenty or more but I'm not sure. It feels like it was a lot less. But one way or another I reached the 50K word target in under a month. Today I'm feeling good. I feel towards the end it was more about getting words down on the page and finishing the challenge rather then what was good for the story. Even with less then twelve hours having passed I've decided on a few changes and tweaks towards the end of the story. Once I've had a day or two to make the changes and check the grammar and more importantly recover from the experience I'll probably send it around to a few unfortunate souls who put themselves forward as willing readers. Hopefully the feedback will be positive but I've a feeling I'm about to learn about the other side of writing which is rejection. But whether my book is popular or not I just remind myself that this wasn't the reason I took part in this competition. The point was that I finally had to put pen to paper, so to speak, and write a story with a beginning middle and end. Is the story flawed? Yes. Do I think there is room for improvement? Certainly. Am I happy with the overall story, the world, the hero's and villains? I can say yes. Although as I've mentioned I can think of a few changes I want to make I'm happy with what I have. Overall I've enjoyed the experience and I look forward to meeting with my fellow NanoWrimo winners later for the autopsy of the event later on this evening.
For now dear readers I bid you well.
 
Number of competitors at outset: 7
Number of competitors to take part:3
Number of completed novels: 3 (preliminarily)
Number of chapters: 20
Number of words: 50,172
 
Later
Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment